Do you need to book in advance?
- For weekend adventures or groups of over 6 people you can book your rental a minimum of 48 hours in advance. If you did not book in advance, no worries, you are still able to come visit us in store and we can try to put you and your group out on the water on a first come first serve basis.
Can I book for 1 day?
- For rentals that are taken off site there is a 2 day minimum. Any rentals that are on site and utilize our docks are done in 1, 2, or 4 hour adventures.
If we pay for an hourly rental and decide to keep the boat/bike out for longer, can we just pay the difference?
- With our busy schedules and for safety reasons we need to know exactly when each boat is going out and coming back. This means you should book for the amount of time you would like to be out for . If you are debating between two times we suggest you choose the longer of the two. If you do stay over the time allotted or passed close there are late fees.
What is the cancellation policy?
- We require a minimum 48 hours advance notice for cancellations on rentals. We can either give you a credit that is good for up to a year or reschedule your booking for a later date. We can also refund everything but 30% of the order if given ample notice. If reserved online we are unable to refund and can only reschedule.
What is included in the rentals?
- All boat rentals we include lifejackets and paddles for all paddlers in the boat, as well as a safety kit in each boat.
What happens if it rains?
- Unfortunately we can not control the weather, so if it happens to rain on the day you scheduled your rentals it is up to you if you still want to go out on the water or trails. As long as weather permits us to launch your group safely, it is up to you. We can not issue any refunds due to the weather, but we can reschedule the rental for a later date.
Can we rent one item for a few hours and have multiple people use it?
- We need to be able to account for each person and the equipment they are using for liability purposes. This means you are not permitted to switch boats during your rental period or to have another person try out your equipment. We have many boats and are able to get your whole group on the water at the same time.
Where can I keep my belongings while on the water?
- We recommend leaving any belongings in your car, but if you do wish to take anything out on the water your best option is to bring or purchase a drybag. Car keys and licenses are taken by the waterfront staff as a liability and will be returned when the boats are brought back to the waterfront.
What happens if I tip my boat?
- We offer a $5 instruction course for all new paddlers, during which the waterfront staff will teach you how to properly paddle the boats. If your boat does tip after receiving the instruction course we will recover it free of charge. However, if you refuse the instruction course and tip your boat, we have a $50-100 rescue fee if you require assistance from the waterfront staff to bring your boat back to the docks. If anything is lost in the river due to the tipping of your boat, we can search for it but we are not liable if it can not be found. We rarely have boats tip.
How many people can fit in the boats?
- 2 people can fit in most of the canoes . Our 3-seater canoes fit 2 adult paddlers and a child.
Where can we put the boats in the water?
- We are located on the beautiful South Muskoka river and have docks available to launch the boats from our location for the hourly rentals. You are not required to move the boats off site unless you are taking one for a multi-day rental.